Eczema can occur on any part of the body. However, the skin condition is common on the face. In some cases, the condition could even affect every part of the body. It presents in varying symptoms such as split mouths, crusty and swollen eyelids, red skin that is burning, and shedding among other signs.
Who are highly vulnerable?
The eczema skin condition can affect anyone, at any age. However, the condition is common in infants. The commonly experienced form is the one on the face. In children below the age of 5 years, the condition could manifest in severe symptoms.
For most victims of the eczema skin condition, there are varying medications and solutions for the condition. Some spend time taking lukewarm showers, probiotic-rich smoothies and oatmeal among other homemade methods.
There are other lotions that are made to control the uneasy inflammations and irritations of the skin. It is important to mention that finding the right sensitive skin or eczema lotion is not an easy task. With our extensive understanding of the skin condition, we have put together the most relevant tips on the best qualities to look out for in a reliable eczema or sensitive skin lotion.
There are 3 main types of eczema
- Contact dermatitis: this is also known as the true allergy. It occurs when the skin comes into contact with an irritant.
- Irritant dermatitis: this form of eczema is caused by external factors such as using excessive Retin A. It can also be as a result of topical that have skin irritation.
- Atopic eczema: this type is usually genetic. It is common in children. It is common in the knee backs and arm creases.
Best qualities of an effective eczema or sensitive skin lotion
- Low levels or no alcohol. Alcohol can be as bad to the skin by killing off the necessary microbiomes. It can also cause skin dryness hence irritation.
- Sensitive skin lotion should have no fragrances. Some of the skin lotions have additives that could aggravate eczema and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- No phthalates. This ingredient is found in most moisturizers. It is known to cause discomfort to the adrenal glands.
§ Parabens is known disruptor of the endocrine. It is common in the tumors of human breast cancer. The preservative can be a problem to people with eczema and thus should be avoided.